We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Data Governance Analyst
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
- Assist with the development of data governance guidelines and ensure they are followed.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements.
- Define, implement, monitor and maintain data governance and data stewardship key performance indicators.
- Prepare and publish data governance and compliance reports for internal management.
- Collect and maintain a Data Glossary (key business metadata including data definitions; rules; lineage; data lifecycle; security; privacy; common metric definitions; and process, organization, location and application models).
- Assists in the identification of change impacts through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify business requirements and opportunities for improved data management.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define and manage data requirements and recommend solutions.
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives and manage prioritization of projects.
- Manage projects to establish milestones, objectives and forming project teams.
- Define, develop and implement data quality measurements that support product, client and regulatory defined goals and requirements.
- Develop subject matter expertise across different asset classes and understand the data used by products and customers.
- Conducts needs assessments, identifies gaps and provides suggestions to improve and streamline process.
- University Education in the areas of Business, IT, Engineering or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in data governance is required.
- Good understanding of data management and governance principles.
- Knowledge of best practices within data governance, data modeling, quality, lineage, master data management, metadata management, and data analytics.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Quantitative analytic skills, including data presentation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.