Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Business Analyst/Developer, an expert in business, specializing in a particular field such as Risk Management, Policy Advisory, Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement, or Business Transformation. This is a 12-month contract located in Burnaby British Columbia.
The Business Decision Support Professional Level 3 facilitates complex decision-making in support of the design and implementation of business change or improvement initiatives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum sixteen (16) years of directly related work experience or equivalent.
- Translate business insights into strategic, actionable options by obtaining and organizing key business information, enabling informed decision-making.
- Facilitate decision-making across diverse groups of stakeholders by using excellent skills in communication, critical thinking, and persuasive influencing to deliver recommendations that align to the business goals.
- Maintain meaningful business relationships by prioritizing strategic considerations in a complex environment with diverse groups of stakeholders so that projects are implemented as planned.
- Plan and organize business initiatives by using expert knowledge in business drivers, risk tolerance, and trade-off processes, to enable successful integration and adoption in client’s complex and regulated environment.
- Contribute to the development of decision-making standards by using expert knowledge in industry trends and practices, to enable consistent principle-based decision-making at client.
What you will need to succeed…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
Additional Experience and Responsibilities:
- A minimum five (5) years of business development and/or management experience.
- Gather and analyze business requirements to support decision-making for business operations and projects.
- Support business case development for complex projects by reviewing alternatives, providing financial analysis, arranging executive review, and securing necessary approvals.
- Respond to inquiries and internal stakeholders´ requests regarding business cases and business case development.
- Develop project timelines consistent with senior management and board of director requirements.
- Ensure that the purpose, justification, and cash flow profile of proposed capital spending is aligned with the capital plan and meets both short and long-term strategies.
- Research, gather, and present supporting information such that project specific business initiatives can be communicated and implemented.
- Liaise throughout the Engineering, Indigenous Relations, Generation and Transmission organizations to support internal stakeholders on expenditures so that Generation and Transmission business strategies and long-term goals are met.
- Apply judgement with respect to the development of project valuation methodologies both qualitative and quantitative.
- Resolve issues, identify and communicate risks, and ensure that appropriate risk management initiatives are identified and implemented.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.