Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Contracts Administrator to provide administration for large complex contracts & management of contracts with medium to high complexity, so that projects and ongoing operations are delivered safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
This is a 12-month contract located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum nine (9) years of contract management work experience.
- Perform contract management activities by applying expert knowledge of contract management practices while working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure client’s and suppliers fulfill their contractual obligations by monitoring contract performance, identifying issues, taking timely action to resolve issues, and communicating with stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize supplier performance.
- Establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between suppliers, stakeholders, and client’s supply chain organization through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting enabling the successful implementation of sourcing initiatives.
- Forecast, monitor, and report on contract usage to ensure client’s contract and finance control policies and budget requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and advice to client groups in the sourcing, procurement, and management of goods and services contracts using excellent knowledge of public sector procurement law, and the application of supply chain concepts to get the best value for client.
What you will need to succeed…
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Economics, or related discipline, or equivalent.
- Certificate in Project Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent, an asset.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
Additional Experience and Responsibilities:
- Candidates should possess experience working on large scale, complex, multi-year infrastructure projects.
- Candidates should possess knowledge and experience with client’s Project and Portfolio Management tools (PPM) and Business Warehouse, Passport, Primavera P6/Unifier, SharePoint and SAP applications are an asset.
- Some travel to Fort St. John office may be required
- This role provides contract management support for Site C for post award construction contracts.
- Contract management/administration experience
- Must have experience with post-award contract management
- Must have construction industry experience
- Must have experience with large scale contracts
- Experience with SAP is an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.