Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for a Dealer Auditor to support the team.
Duration: 10+ months (Contract)
Location: Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8W8
- The individual Dealer Auditor reviews the administration of policies and procedures as provided in the Dealer Sales and Service Agreement and/or home office letters.
- This review may include dealership practices relative to sales reporting, incentives and allowances, warranty claims and policy claims.
- These claims must comply with specific rules and policies.
- The Dealer Auditor completes the audit onsite at the dealership location.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Determining the compliance of these claims with the rules and policies
- Constructing a concise, accurate and consistent audit report
- Presenting the audit findings to the Dealer, his personnel and GM field personnel
- Relations with the Dealer, his personnel and GM field personnel must be cordial and viewed as fair and consistent with professional auditing standards.
- Periodically the Auditor will be expected to direct a staff of peers when large audits are encountered.
- This all must be carried out in a professional, courteous manner creating the least amount of disruption and confrontation.
- Mechanical knowledge of the automobile
- Ability to analyse mechanical warranty claims on automobiles (good understanding of automobiles and how their systems function)
- The ability to travel in Canada by air or vehicle (75% travel- must be comfortable up fronting cost to be expense week later)
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised in remote locations
- A questioning, creative, inquisitive attitude coupled with detailed knowledge of dealership operations and GM Service Policies and Procedures and sales policies
- In depth familiarity with Windows equipped laptop operations including scanning, remote printer operation, data manipulation and data transfer through the internet
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables and Microsoft Access
- The ability to deal with inconsistency, adversity, and change
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A strict focus on integrity based on solid ethics and value
- 2-year College degree (required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Automotive Dealer Audit experience with other manufacturers
- CGA designation
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner certifications
- Wholesale field experience as a District Sales Manager, District Manager- customer care and service process, District Manager –
- customer care and after sales
Preferred Work Schedule:
- Monday to Friday 40 hours 1st Shift
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.