Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Located in Snow Lake, Manitoba
- 7 days on/ 7 days off
- $41.22/ hour with an underground bonus of approximately $10/hour
- Full benefits package beginning day 1 of employment
- Relocation assistance and Pension.
- Red Seal Journeyperson OR Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician
- This is not a Fly/in Fly/out opportunity but we do provide a camp for employees to stay at if you choose not to relocate
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a mining company that primarily producing copper concentrate (containing copper, gold and silver) and zinc metal. This is an underground role where you would be required to troubleshoot and fix large pieces of mining equipment. You don’t mind getting dirty and enjoy the adventure of working underground. You have a team-minded attitude, willingness to improve your skills and learn something new every day.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Communicate effectively with other journeyman, engineering, trade and operating supervision on methods, procedures and hazards.
- Inspect job and determine the nature and extent of repairs, methods, materials, tools, etc.
- You exercise sound judgement in the selection of materials and tools, and methods so that the job is performed in accordance with accepted safety standards.
- Trouble shoots, plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, low voltage direct current, electronics and pneumatic principles, trade techniques, properties of various materials and operating and application principles of equipment.
- Interprets prints or sketches and makes installation or repairs as specified. Consults with foremen regarding standards
- Receives general instructions and plan of work to be performed.
- Install and repair mechanical equipment such as compressors, pumps. generators, fans, mobile and fleet, drilling, loading and haulage equipment
- Follows specifications on complex equipment diagrams, parts drawings and catalogs.
- Examines reasons for failure or improper operation of engines, running gear, parts and equipment.
- Repairs and rebuilds engines, hydraulic and electric systems of diesel, electric, propane, gasoline and pneumatic powered equipment.
- Repairs and rebuilds transmissions, traction motors and differentials.
- Uses precision testing equipment to determine source and cause of trouble and to perform close tolerance adjustment.
- Test operates repaired equipment as required.
- Makes field repairs as required to get equipment back in service
- Keeps tools and equipment in clean and orderly condition
- Observe all policies and procedures, observes applicable quality, environmental, safety and hygiene regulations.
- Maintains logbooks as required by legislation and policy. Reports irregularities to supervision.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 647-838-2522
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.