Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for Benefits Specialist to support the team.
Duration: 1+ year (Contract)
Location: Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8W8
- 5+ years of experience with broad Compensation and Benefits
- Strong analytical skills/ data analysis
- Excel (intermediate)
- Ability to work with multiple groups and managers
Required Skills and Experience
- Progressive experience in pension and benefit related fields
- Solid understanding of related legislation
- Demonstrated ability to research complex questions, conduct complex analysis of information, and develop solutions
- Expert skills in Excel spreadsheets, databases and data manipulation
- In depth knowledge of various Human Resources Information Systems
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with various stakeholder groups
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Well-developed time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- The person should have solid experience in reading, interpreting plan language and providing counsel.
- The person should have solid experience in understanding DB and DC plans and how pensions are calculated.
- The person should have a solid understanding of pension and benefit laws and have applied them throughout their administration of plans at other employers.
- The person is not Junior level, rather someone who has actually done the hands-on work in a pension/benefits department.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.