Our large client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Water technologies company.
We are looking for Linux system administration to support the team.
Duration: 1+ year (Contract)
Location: Oakville, Ontario L6M 4B2
- This role is responsible for providing robust performance of the Suez cloud-based platform, InSight.
- InSight is an Asset Performance Management (APM) application that combines advanced data and analytics to help water treatment professionals make better business decisions, eliminate unplanned downtime, and lower operating costs.
- As the Operations & Support Engineer – InSight Edge Gateway, you are, at heart, a technically enabled people focused person.
- You will be deployed as the bridge between InSight Edge Customers and the rest of the organization.
- As such, you will get the opportunity to lead the delivery of enterprise level competence to our leading customers.
- Not only will you be diagnosing, troubleshooting hardware/software issues and coordinating their resolution for these customers but you will be leading the creation of the knowledge base such that those who follow you will be on a well-trodden trail.
- The challenges will encompass a wide range of technical domains including software, hardware, connectivity, and physical components.
- Focal point for support of InSight Edge customers, both internal and external.
- Gather information from customers and help them apply known solutions to common problems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may not be well understood or documented.
- Understand and follow escalation procedures for unresolved issues.
- Create and improve the support knowledge base by documenting new information and improving the accuracy of existing documentation.
- Assist operational teams by helping diagnose underlying application or system-level problems.
- Assist with the acceptance testing and validation phases of application software releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or closely related discipline (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of additional experience in a closely related technical position)
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience with the operation and maintenance of embedded Linux edge gateways/controllers, sensors, analysers, or chemical feed equipment
- Linux system troubleshooting and administration experience
- Quality Assurance (QA) experience is a plus
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle databases is a plus
- Knowledge on PLC and/or HMI programming (Rockwell, GE and Siemens) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to be client-facing and work with cross functional teams
- Proven work experience in project management for projects involving complex, multidisciplinary efforts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, diagnose and lead the resolution of issues
- Demonstrated comfort with browser-based applications and their administration
- Demonstrated ability to execute against multi priorities
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of water filtration technologies
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.