Our Utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a HR Assistant for a 9+month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join an exciting project
Provide a broad range of basic to complex support for HR processes with limited supervision. Focus is on achieving general objectives and incumbents are expected to manage their time and priorities.
• Triage workflow through Workday and Neocase to ensure timely response to requests for clients.
• Work with leaders to update and finalize job descriptions.
• Create promotion, progression, and salary increase letters as requested.
• Process employee changes in HR system.
• Review progression requests for positions using established progression guidelines.
• Implement terms outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement for union employees including assessing bidder seniority, auditing union dues deductions, generating seniority lists, providing union reports, ensuring pay increases are entered timely and properly, and advising leaders and union employees in relation to the Collective Bargaining Agreement and company policy.
• Support the coordination of highly confidential projects.
• Support HR Advisory and Leaders with HR Programs such as Performance Management, Workforce Planning, Merit Planning and various other HR Programs.
• Prepare reports in support of HR queries or initiatives.
• Provides input into the continuous improvement of HR systems, policies and programs.
• Build effective business relationships with clients, employees and colleagues to deliver value added service.
• Receive invoices and allocate expenses to appropriate budget.
• Provide ad hoc administrative support for HR Representatives as requested.
• 1-2 years of related Human Resources support experience
• Business degree with Human Resources focus or other professional qualification would be considered an asset.
• Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and complex situations with sound judgment, tact and discretion with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple issues and stakeholders within deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and various business applications including WorkDay and Neocase preferred
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Technical certifications are a plus
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.