Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for an Accounting Analyst to support the financial reporting and analysis processes.
This is a 12-month contract located in Calgary, Alberta.
How you will bring value…
You will be responsible for delivering efficient, timely and accurate financial reporting in a harmonized manner, while ensuring that a robust internal control environment is maintained in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
What you will be doing…
- Analyze and prepare complex financial statements and reports Perform monthly and quarterly close processes and post-close reporting; perform variance analytics and forecasting/planning activities.
- Balance Sheet Integrity (BSI), and other related activities.
- Interface and maintain connectivity with the businesses that are supported by financial processes delivered within the team.
- Contribute to the delivery of financial processes in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. – Work with the various audit, tax and legal teams to provide key data.
- Interact with the business to provide appropriate financial data and support on ad hoc projects.
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements.
- Share best practices within the team and with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related area.
- Relevant Accounting experience in related area(s).
- Strong financial system skills with SAP, BW a plus and Microsoft applications especially Access and strong Excel skills.
- Strong understanding of how financial reporting and accounting processes function including system controls, financial controls and risk assessment Strong analytical skills in financial reporting and accounting with a solid understanding of control processes.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability and willingness to take initiative: proactively promote, implement and uphold the principles, aspirations and strategies of the department/business unit/company.
- Ability to identify process gaps and implement process improvements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills; ability to interpret and clearly communicate information, best practices and lessons learned with internal and external parties; able to make strong impact and significant contributions to the business while giving sound advice.
- Good business judgment in handling potentially sensitive business and people issues.
- Flexibility and adaptability in handling change; ability to manage multiple competing or conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery.
- Commitment to workplace safety.
- Requires 7-10 years relevant work experience.
- CPA or MBA is a plus.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.