Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Pipeline Engineer To oversee the design for pipelines and related facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule.
This Individual will act as a Liaison with other functional groups within Projects, Operations and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
This is a 8-month contract located in Edmonton, Alberta.
What you will be doing…
- Ensures that all pipelines and associated facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate specifications and standards
- Defines the scope, schedule and budget for the design and materials for pipeline projects
- Manages the execution of the design deliverables by a third-party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule
- Reviews and approves design deliverables for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, prepares technical evaluations, and recommends to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example, pipe, valves and fittings.
- Reviews and approves fabrication and assembly approval drawings for engineered equipment, and other fabrications (prefabricated buildings, piping fabrications, pig trap barrels, etc.)
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers within the team
- Support department initiatives as required
What you will need to succeed…
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Civil or Chemical
- P. Eng. designation in Canada
- Capable of working independently, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Problem solve issues through use of standards, modification of standards and/or previous experience
- Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff
- 7 – 10 years of natural gas pipeline design experience for onshore transmission lines in the U.S.
- Working knowledge of industry codes in Canada and the US (CSA Z662, ASME B31.4, 49CFR195 (DOT Code), ASME BPVC Sect. VIII)
- Familiarity and knowledge of materials standards & specifications (CSA, ANSI Ratings, ASME, API, MSS, etc.)
- Horizontal Directional Drill Design (HDD), road bores, and applicable load/stress calculations experience
- Experience working with geotechnical and hydrotechnical hazards
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.