Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Recovery and Return to Work Support Specialist, for employees that may be experiencing challenges at work or off work due to medical illness or injury. This role helps to facilitate sustainable return to work.
This is a 12-month contract located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
This role provides health and recovery coaching to support employees who may be experiencing challenges at work or are off due to illness or injury, as well as facilitating return to work plans to support the recovery of these employees and their full return to the workplace, including suitable accommodations if required. Coaching and return to work facilitation involves working in accordance with Health and Recovery Services processes and policies including but not limited to client’s Sick Leave Support and Long Term Disability processes, the Stay at Work/Return to Work process for work related injuries, the WorkSafeBC Claims Management process, the Expedited Medical Services Program Guidelines and the Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Program.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- Provide support to employees who are recovering from occupational or non-occupational injury or illness, with the goal of enabling them to remain fully functioning at work, or return to work, mitigating further injury and absence.
- For work related injuries, coordinate with WorkSafeBC and the WSBC Claims Management team to ensure there is quick and clear communication at the point of injury regarding available and suitable modified work to support the employee and mitigate time lost.
- When required, identify and arrange early intervention and rehabilitation support.
- Maintain regular contact with employees to support their recovery, and facilitate return to work planning with the employee, manager, HR Business Partner (HRBP), treatment provider liaisons (including addiction specialists), and where applicable, the Union representative and/or WorkSafeBC.
- Keep client stakeholders, such as the employee’s manager and HRBP, up to date on recovery/case status and prognosis on a bi-monthly basis or as required depending on the case.
- Maintain up to date case records/documentation on the Health and Recovery Services case management system. Ensure a professional standard of case notes that can be used for the purposes of appeal (WorkSafeBC related) or arbitration if required.
- Support the ongoing accommodation process and work with WorkSafeBC, the HRBP, Employee Relations and the Union to facilitate ongoing accommodation for employees whose work restrictions prevent them from returning to their current job.
- Provide required documentation and reports, as well as participate in regular review meetings both internally and externally.
- Provide coaching to managers and HRBP’s as they deal with employees exhibiting early signs of health issues in the workplace.
- Work with Case Managers of the Sick Leave Support and Long-Term Disability provider and WorkSafeBC as required.
What you will need to succeed…
- Experience in workplace disability management is a must have (minimum 3 years, 5 years preferred).
- Must have experience working with unions.
Must have worked with field workforces.
Must have worked at a large employer (enterprise environments).
Must have drivers license class 5 as may need to visit other worksites.
Must have BC experience as will need to be very familiar with WorkSafeBC.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.