Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Data Analyst, who will be responsible for translating data into meaningful information, enabling effective planning and decision-making in support of business solutions. Also responsible to validate data to confirm KPI results, support baseline development, develop Tableau Dashboards to support tracking & reporting, create job aids to support ongoing reporting requirements
This is a 5-month contract located in Burnaby British Columbia.
Responsibility Includes validating data to confirm KPI results, support baseline development, develop Tableau Dashboards to support tracking & reporting, create job aids to support ongoing reporting requirements.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum three (3) years of directly related work experience or equivalent.
- Experience with reporting requirements, manipulate data sets to create a mechanism for data to be easily inputted into Tableau to meet Tableaus reporting requirements.
- Analyze large sets of data by applying qualitative or quantitative techniques using advanced skills in MS Excel or a data analysis software, to support strategic decision-making.
- Maintain clean data by verifying, validating, and filtering data if needed, to meet client’s data quality requirements.
- Optimize the reporting process by developing, implementing, and maintaining database systems that effectively manage information.
- Provide relevant reports to acquiring manager by researching, developing, and presenting findings and possible options to support management in delivering results within scope, time and budget.
What you will need to succeed…
Education & skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, or related discipline.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word and Excel).
- Must have Tableau experience to be considered for the role and be very proficient in Tableau (at least 2+ years working with Tableau)
- Working knowledge of data analysis programs, an asset.
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
Additional Experience and Responsibilities:
- Advanced proficiency in MS-Excel, SAP Reporting.
- Good to have experience with Passport and COGNOS.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.