Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for an Application Developer to support the Business Applications Services Team with development and maintenance responsibilities for both the front-end and back-end of multiple products.
This is a 8-month contract located in Edmonton, Alberta.
How you will bring value…
The Full stack developer to work closely with the cross functional DevOps team members to help increase the speed of delivery, improve quality of code, and optimize processes through feedback.
As a full stack developer your high-level role includes the following related operations:
- Aid in designing the full application stack.
- Unit testing.
- API based middleware development.
- Database development.
- Deploying full application stack.
- Monitoring of full application stack.
- Operations support of the full application stack.
What you will be doing…
- You’ll work closely with Tech Leads and developers of various teams implement the Product Owner’s vision.
- You’ll bring deep functional expertise to develop polished modular code in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage.
- You’ll have the ability to bring recommendations around architecture and platform decisions and make recommendations on critical decisions relating to code build.
- You’ll identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes.
- You’ll develop across the technology stack, in different languages and environments.
- You’ll perform appropriate development and testing activities and optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- You’ll participate in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure.
- You’ll build coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization.
- You’ll develop appropriate documentation as defined by the agile development methodology.
- You’ll design and implement data storage solutions.
- You’ll work closely with end-users to identify issues and captures business requirements and translates those requirements into system design specifications.
- You’ll support the development of a culture that is customer-centric, collaborative, risk-embracing, and entrepreneurial.
- Role is part of a Development and Operations (DEV/OPS) delivery team.
- Business focus in Liquids Pipelines, Business Services department.
- Project(s) outcome is business process automation using large datasets.
What you will need to succeed…
- Minimum 5+ years of Full stack Development experience that includes Web development and most importantly, API and database development experience.
- Strong knowledge in back-end technologies: ASP.NET and C# programming language.
- Proficiency in the utilization of Design Patterns for both back and front end.
- Knowledgeable in database technologies including SQL, No-SQL (such as MongoDB, Cosmos, Cassandra, etc.), and Data warehouses.
- Proficient in data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- Understand Agile software development and lean start-up methodologies.
- Knowledge of deployment automation solutions (i.e. Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy).
- Experience in continuous integration and related tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Team City, Hudson, Maven, Ant, Git, Sonar, etc.
- Experience with big data and cloud-based technologies: Microsoft Azure, Spark, Hadoop, and/or large data warehousing initiatives.
- Should have excellent coding and scripting skills and experience with implementing highly scalable web-based architectures using modern cloud-based platforms (PaaS/SaaS).
- Should be an ambitious, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also an excellent teammate with a professional presence and a real passion for innovation.
- Bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you.
build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a welcoming, transparent, and effective workplace
- Ideally, you will have a GIS background or have worked with GIS systems, information, and data.
- Should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.