Our Oil and Gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Stakeholder Engagement Advisor for a 12-month contract role.
What you will be doing…
- Lead or assist with development and implementation of project-specific municipal engagement plans, strategies, key messages and budgets that reflect company and stakeholder interests.
- Support the project team by leveraging existing stakeholders for insight or referrals and building or identifying new relationships as appropriate.
- Provide timely advice and council with respect to community and stakeholder engagement including cultural awareness, consultation, relationships and partnership opportunities, negotiations, issues management, and risk assessments.
- Contribute regional knowledge and policies to various internal departments to ensure consideration of local and regional stakeholder risks and opportunities.
- Participate in technical and non-technical (“advocacy”) project-specific stakeholder meetings to add continuity across stakeholders, including with municipalities, regions, agencies, conservation authorities, associations and the broader community.
- Establish and maintain a well-organized record of contact in the relationship management database.
- Contribute to the development of project-specific consultation materials to support advocacy outreach.
- Provide input into community investment opportunities.
- Attend internal project/stakeholder team meetings to solicit feedback and provide regular updates to the project team in order to maintain strong and cooperative working relationships across key parts of the organization.
- Prepare/coordinate timely responses to incoming stakeholder inquiries from the website related to select major pipelines projects
- Work alongside members of the project team to lead/support community events, information sessions, including project-specific website materials, newsletters, project updates and key messages.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant program from a recognized university
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in communications, public relations, community/government/municipal relations, or equivalent.
- Strong communications skills
- Familiar with municipal structure, policy, processes and culture
- Values of integrity, safety and respect
- Character that is reliable, open, considerate, accommodating, agreeable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and high degree of flexibility to adapt to competing priorities.
Nice to Have
- Experience in the natural gas/energy industry
- Experience in indigenous relations
- Experience in and understanding of a large, public company with operations in multiple regions
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.