On behalf of our client, a leader in natural gas distribution, we are looking for a Planner/Scheduler to join their team on a contractual basis
The P6 Scheduler works with the project team, construction project management, and other support groups to develop, maintain and detail the project schedules throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and start-up stages of the project lifecycle for Major Projects. Ensures compliance with schedule & progress guidelines, supports and provides improvement measures and recommendations related to planning & scheduling activities and possess skills in identifying, analyzing and providing innovative solutions to scheduling problems
- Assigned to Project Controls Team, this position provides support and effectively manages the project schedules and progress to assigned internal client groups for major projects planning, procurement and construction activities by:
- Consistent usage of the enterprise scheduling standards for the development including resource loading, implementation, and maintenance of project schedules.
- Updating of schedules as the project progresses through the development and execution stages, e.g., updating the schedules based on earned-value data from the Field Construction Analysts and other sources of construction tracking and reporting information.
- Interprets the performance of the scheduled activities and communicates issues to the Project Execution Management, e.g., analyzing the impacts that the schedule updates will have on the baseline plan, ensuring that resource requirements for the schedules are incorporated at the planning stages and continuously developed through the project lifecycle and developing and managing schedule performance indicators.
- Provide technical advice and expertise related to developing detailed what-if schedule scenarios, risk analysis and identification of critical path and associated logic-driven options.
- Provides technical and business advice on the preparation and disposition of required documents related to plans, schedules, and reports for project completion.
- Provides complex logistics and scheduling related technical support and effectively manages the project schedule(s) to assigned internal client groups for major project planning, development, procurement, construction and maintenance activities.
- Verbal and written communication is required to both technical and non-technical staff to provide a translation of complex concepts into business-focused analysis and/or business case scenarios.
- Interacts with nearly all members of the project team, support groups, the PMO office, and other key stakeholders to collect information required for timely and accurate project schedule critical-path management and impact analysis.
- University degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of four years of project scheduling experience required with an emphasis on Oracle Primavera (P6) software.
- Detail-oriented with good communication, interpersonal, organizational and team skills.
- Ability to complete tasks as assigned on time in the speed of execution environment.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office Suite focused on Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.