Our public sector client is seeking a results-oriented IT professional to design, implement, and configure continuous integration and continuous delivery systems across many projects. While working with diverse software development and testing teams, you will build a set of technologies and procedures to improve development/deployment processes. You would also be writing code for various management tools and deployment utilities.
– Participate in cloud architectural design and analysis
– Implement Continuous Delivery solutions and help automate various stages of the deployment and testing processes by leveraging Infrastructure as Code
– Design, and develop scalable, high-performance, highly reliable Java EE applications
– Deliver pro-active systems usage and capacity monitoring of Linux operating environment
– Perform development, unit testing, and application testing individually and in collaboration with the team
– Perform code reviews
– Create and maintain technical documentation
– Perform others task assigned by the Reporting Manager
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Minimum of 6 to 10 years of experience in developing scalable, high-performance, enterprise applications
– Working knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Application deployment, testing, and release management processes to contribute to the development, delivery and on-going support of applications
– Expertise in building containers using pipelines such as GitLab, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.
– Expert level knowledge and experience in Java development and support
- Expertise with Java technologies and frameworks: Spring, J2EE, JMS, Hibernate, etc.
– Virtualization and in-depth Linux knowledge
– Cloud Experience – Knowledge of cloud operations tasks in regard to scalability, deployments and zero-downtime upgrades
– General cloud ops knowledge with at least one provider, private or public, such as attached volume lifecycle, auto scaling, cloud-config, security, instance lifecycle, etc.
– Troubleshooting large cloud infrastructure
– Ability to work independently and proactively within a team-oriented environment
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to learn quickly new technologies.
– Experience on supporting enterprise business and infrastructure projects
– Knowledge in Incident Management, Change Management
– Ability to perform performance analysis
– Experience in resource usage tracking, analysis
– Ability to perform log searches for problem solving, audit and performance checking
– Experience in emergency problem resolution
Support & Troubleshooting
– Strong problem solving, reasoning and trouble-shooting experience to provide advice and resolve data recovery issues in a multi-platform environment
– Support for pre-production and production systems on 7/24/365 basis for application and middleware
– Experience conducting system monitoring and performance and data integrity in accordance with ITIL standards
Communication, Leadership & Interpersonal Skills
– Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills with experience making presentation, liaising with staff to resolve issues, and working as part of a technical multidisciplinary team
– Based on management's request, the ability to provide support to internal and external clients on a 7/24 basis
– Experience in coordinating and providing leadership to staff and stakeholders.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.