Our client in Hamilton, ON is looking to hire a “Junior Payroll Administrator” for full time role.
As a “Junior Payroll Administrator” is responsible in providing weekly payroll provision and reporting using Excel and technology in place. And Process payroll using the Payworks system.
Our client is an engineering and construction company working on projects across North America. They are currently looking for a Junior Payroll Administrator located in Hamilton, Ontario.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process low volume, weekly payroll functions for 150-200 employees in a unionized environment, including 3 unions.
- Process Ontario payroll and act as backup to Alberta payroll.
- Full cycle end to end multiple payroll processing.
- Audit payroll processing to ensure accuracy.
- Provide weekly payroll provision and reporting using Excel and technology in place.
- Process payroll using the Payworks system.
- Systems experience with:
- Visual Manufacturing – ERP
- Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of full-cycle payroll experience
- Experience running Canadian payroll for approximately 200 employees in a union environment.
- Experience with Ontario and Albertan payroll.
- Working knowledge of month and year end.
- Excellent reporting skills and experience.
- Work ethic and dedication in a team setting, willingness to work extra hours if needed.
- A knowledge of payroll software with intermediate to strong Excel skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A team player who enjoys working on a fast and dynamic team.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”