We are looking for a Planner/Scheduler on behalf of one of the largest Utility company in Waltham, MA.
- Develop a detailed construction plan that involves planned outages (shutdowns), construction phases, construction steps, material, and equipment requirements, lay down areas, and overall time schedule with final ready for load dates that align with the project plan.
- Must have the ability to review substation design drawings and provide comments to engineering. Must be able to develop a detailed construction sequence based on the design criteria. Must be able to provide constructive input to the design team in order to identify potential construction issues such as the need for temporary facilities.
- Provide input to engineering in order to identify potential areas to implement safety by design. Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within the assigned area.
- Attend site meetings and participate with the project team to evaluate different engineering solutions, construction strategies, and project delivery strategies in order to deliver the project safely and efficiently.
- Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery.
- Develop work plans that are aligned with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure that the execution of the work plans will promote a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff. Collaborate with other groups to ensure system reliability, safety, and efficiency are demonstrated during large scale projects.
- Review health and safety plans for each specific project, inclusive of Project Hazard Assessment (PHA) for high hazard work practices.
- Demonstrate safety leadership during all site meetings and project discussions. Lead by example and ensure safety is incorporated into all aspects of the project and the daily job.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 to 8 years of equivalent experience in the electricity construction management environment with 3 to 5 years in utility management.
- Experience in substation construction with a focus on construction methods, cost control, safety, environmental, quality and service, and performance. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Safety and Environmental rules.
- Ability to assess potential conflicts by reviewing construction drawings and provide solutions to the project team.
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional role to develop a construction plan with inputs from the various operations groups, project management, engineering, and dispatch control room.
- Analytical Thinking: Sees relationships between work plans, safety issues, constructability, and spend vs. efficiency reports identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Planner/Scheduler, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.