Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a UX/UI Designer for a 3-month contract role(with high chance of extension).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended for numerous 3-month contracts along with getting many opportunities to learn and strengthen their experience within the industry.
What you will be doing…
- Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Executes business acceptance test cases and testing.
- Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
- UX Designer – 5+ years of experience
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces – 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc. – 5+ years of experience
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles. – 5+ years of experience
- Experience applying a web design standard – 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML, CSS) – 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop. – 5+years of experience
- Please submit a portfolio/Sample Work **
Nice to Have:
- Agile experience
- Related Certifications
- Experience with a similar project (KYC onboarding)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.