We are looking for a Field Supervisor on behalf of one of the largest Utility company in Waltham, MA.
- Develop detailed underground transmission construction plans that include planned outages, construction phases, construction steps, material, equipment requirements, lay down areas, and schedules that align with the project plan, safety standards, policies and processes to ensure that the execution of the work plans will promote a safe working environment and minimize risk
- Review project construction drawings and provide details or corrections as they apply from company design standards and EOP’s
- Translate functional policy into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for client and ensure compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental regulatory standards/ legislation/governance. Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area
- Provide proactive leadership and direction to contracted workforce to ensure that high standards of safety, security, and environmental compliance are developed and consistently maintained
- Review project health and safety plans, inclusive of Project Hazard Assessment for high hazard work practices
- Hold clearances and non-reclose assurances required for construction as an authorized person within Clearance & Control
- Monitor contractor resource levels, performance, and implementation plan progress for assigned projects to be certain that appropriate resource levels are being utilized
- Foster and manage internal and contractor relationships that encourage open/honest communication and drive safety, performance, quality, efficiency, customer service, issue resolution, and project successes
- Drive Contractor performance through monitoring construction project status, assessing schedule performance, reassigning resources, and monitoring environmental concerns to ensure efficient project delivery and timely internal stakeholder support
- Participate in project conference calls and meetings to support the planning and execution of projects. Provided construction updates and reports
- Assure that contracted personnel are properly directed, trained, licensed, and evaluated within Company guidelines and policies
- Interact and communicate closely with project stakeholders to ensure timely project completion
- Support weather related events and system emergency restoration and on-call responsibilities
Other duties as assigned
- Strong background in electric utility construction, supervision, and construction Management
- Broad knowledge of UG Transmission construction
- Knowledge of federal, state, OSHA, local, and applicable environmental rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with self-direction and high motivation
- Ability to understand construction field issues, prints specification sheets, schematics, one-line diagrams, and instructional information to construct, maintain, and troubleshoot electric transmission systems
- A thorough understanding of electrical principles and the hazards associated with electrical transmission UG construction
- Ability to travel throughout the service territory and work extended hours and weekends as required on construction projects and system emergencies
- Ability to be listed as authorized person on client Clearance and Control list
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Windows based applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Possess and maintain a clean, valid state issued driver's license.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Field Supervisor, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.