Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Contaminated Site Specialist, an Environmental Professional who will be applying theoretical and practical knowledge to provide environmental management services to successfully complete client projects of medium to high complexity safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
This is a 24-month contract located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum ten (10) years of environmental or natural resource management work experience.
- Develop environmental work plans using combinations of and modifications to standard procedures and methods including interpreting project specifications and investigating environmental risk in design and the field to support client’s environmental management objectives.
- Propose changes and make technical recommendations in plans and estimated costs, prepare progress reports, and manage work schedules to assist project or operations management to meet safety, cost, quality, and time objectives.
- Provide technical recommendations for use in project planning and design at public hearings and in public consultation programs including creating environmental impact statements and preparing and presenting expert testimony.
- Initiate, plan, and implement multi-disciplinary studies of impacts and environmental protection measures by developing terms of references, monitoring progress, and reviewing overall results to support client’s ongoing operations.
- Participate in confidential negotiations regarding mitigation and compensation programs.
- Participate in client’s environmental management practice by conducting independent studies and analysis, exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, recommending safe environmental options, and making typical decisions related to standard methods and techniques.
- Manage complex environmental review processes for client projects and operations by identifying, investigating, and resolving unusual design and field environmental problems including developing guidelines, modifying established guidelines and/or devising new approaches.
- Provide advanced and specialized environmental management support, advice, and recommendations to business teams at client’s by using excellent knowledge, training, and/or experience in environmental management to support successful completion of assigned projects.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with internal clients and third parties by collaborating to define the scope of environmental services to be provided, providing environmental information, and investigating and resolving problems to support the implementation of projects and operations.
What you will need to succeed…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, Registered Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) or Professional Agrologist (P. Ag.) or equivalent.
- Eligible for membership in professional association such as RP Bio, P. Geo., PMP, P. Eng. or equivalent.
- Multi-disciplinary study and formal environmental assessment experience.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
- Contaminated site experience.
- Experience with remediation for contaminated sites.
Additional Experience and Responsibilities:
- Environmental Professional specializing in contaminated sites.
- Prepare reports and provide recommendations related to contaminated sites.
- Would typically be qualified as “Contaminated Sites Approved Professionals Society of BC”.
- May also plan and implement field programs to assess environmental conditions, prepare impact assessment reports, and develop remediation plans.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.