Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Test Automation Developer. This is a 8-month contract located in Edmonton, Alberta.
How you will bring value…
Test Automation Developer will be responsible to understand the long-term application portfolio plans and be responsible for the test automation of the technology solutions defined within that plan. The Test Automation Developer plans, proposes, executes, and delivers test automation plans, test automation scripting, and best practices that align to technical solutions and specifications. The role advocates test automation components and solutions for the applications they support to deliver. The role will be an active participant in the SDLC of technology solutions.
What you will be doing…
- The Test Automation Developer is responsible for providing technical expertise and support for test automation practices and development for complex business systems.
- Provide guidance to foster an enabling and empowering work environment to a small delivery team.
- Accountable for technical design, development, testing implementation, and support of test automation deliverables.
- Creating and executing design, development, testing of test automation frameworks, test plans, test scenarios and scripts across multi-disciplinary teams and/or business units.
- Perform and / or support User Acceptance Testing for all deliverables throughout the product lifecycle.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures related to test automation.
- Ensure proper design principles are maintained so that non-functional requirements such as performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security are appropriately addressed.
- Effective communication within and between multi-disciplinary teams and/or business units.
- Responsible for the definition of packages of work, decomposition of packages into manageable sprints or iterations with regards to testing duties.
- Effectively engage, collaborate, and assert recommendations with Business, IT operations personnel, and other subject matter experts within and outside client to address their concerns and add value to project solution designs.
- Review, support and approve technical solution design documentation of projects and testing initiatives.
- Be able to author and edit test plans, test scenarios, and test scripts as per client standards.
- Provide technical oversight project solution designs; ensure that enhancements and changes are aligned with technical direction for test automation.
- Be aware of the technology investment roadmap defined for the business domain impacted by assigned projects and initiatives.
- Possess comprehensive understanding of, participate in, and champion test automation architecture its integration in the client’s standard SDLC.
- Be able to read and understand the business component model diagrams, data model diagrams, infrastructure deployment models, logical application designs, and business process diagrams
What you will need to succeed…
- University degree or diploma in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of directly related IT work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of direct experience in testing automation of complex applications.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of direct experience in manual testing
- Strong planning and mentorship skills to guide and teach junior staff members.
- Practical experience with developing and executing test plans, test automation frameworks and scripts on web and desktop enterprise applications.
- Strong abilities to learn quickly and translate end user requirements into test automation frameworks and working collaboratively in a team environment to implement solutions
- Excellent customer service attitude, written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving and systematic thinking.
- Results oriented – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while delivering high quality outcomes, ability to multi-task and creative resourcefulness, ability to be an independent self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Develop automated test scripts using .NET, Selenium, Appium, Robot Framework, or others.
- Experience using bug tracking tools and backlog tracking tools such as Jira and TestRail.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Behaviour Driven Frameworks (BDD) and setting up testing environments.
- Experience using version control software (Git preferred)
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with DevOps and/or Agile software development.
- Strong development and testing background.
- Experience implementing cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS, TeamCity, and/or Octopus Deploy.
- Test automation certification.
- Office environment; occasional travel may be required.
- Minimal supervision in day-to-day decision-making.
- Working relationships with team and peers across client’s IT departments/projects.
- Project and business cycle driven deadlines.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.