Our Public Sector client is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist with digital marketing and public relations experience to support a high priority initiative for the Ontario Government
– responsible to provide assistance in communication planning, strategy preparation, implementation and measurement. Contribute to content development and the delivery of comprehensive communications programs through effective research, professional copywriting, project management of communication materials, and assistance with issues management.
– Responsible to provide subject matter expertise in the design and distribution of digital communication, email marketing as well as perform web content management and web analytics to support and promote the client’s image and branding through internal and external publications.
– Responsible for the coordination of internal and external publications.
– Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish a pipeline of cross-company content to ensure information presented is accurate and consistent, and that it meets the Corporation’s values, objectives and strategic priorities.
– Produce clear and concise copy for publications and the web.
– create a range of visual content (infographics, illustrations, iconography) to support corporate marketing and communications initiatives.
– Engage and forge partnerships with external influencers to broaden the reach of campaigns.
– Responsible for providing web analytics. Collect and report on web analytics – identifying trends, patterns and information sources.
– Monitor, compile and report on publication statistics and metrics, highlighting successes, challenges and modifications.
– Responsible for web content management. Collaborate with design and production staff to project manage development of communication materials for clients.
– Create internal and external website home page content including the development, design and layout of new web pages for corporate initiatives; write content as necessary.
– Collaborate with and contribute to the overall Strategic Communications team.
– Provide assistance with planning, strategy preparation, implementation and measurement of communication programs.
– Provide input and advice on communication plans, projects, and effective website use to assist with marketing and communication.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– 8+ years of experience in strategic/corporate communications, with a particular focus on web content, digital communications and writing.
– Minimum 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in Corporate Communications, Marketing or Public Relations required
– Strong knowledge of communication techniques and best practices
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing deadlines
– Experience working with designers and production staff to create marketing collateral.
– Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar web publishing software (HTML and CSS coding required)
– Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
– Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize work
– A Strong customer service orientation with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Able to work independently and as part of a team.
– Masters Degree in Communication, Business, Journalism or related field preferred
– Membership with the Canadian Public Relations Society or International Association of Business Communicators preferred
ABOUT IAN MARTIN
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.