Job Title: Piping Engineer
Duration: 1 Year
Our Nuclear client is looking to add a member to their Fuel Handling and Engineering Solutions, Pressure Boundary and Analysis Engineering Team. The Piping Engineer will be responsible for the design of mechanical equipment and systems for CANDU reactors. Projects will involve the design, development and test of mechanical equipment for automated and semi-automated fueling machines, robotic systems, and maintenance tooling for CANDU reactors and related systems.
Other job duties include:
- Providing execution of design and analysis of complex CANDU piping systems from concept to issue of final engineering documents.
- Performing piping stress analysis calculations, over pressure protection calculations and reports, pipe support load capacity data sheets, etc. Traditional methods of the analysis as well as the use of associated software packages would be included.
- Maintaining knowledge of stress analysis techniques and applications and provide consultation to design engineers as required.
- Preparation or approval of design documentation, design reports, analysis reports, technical specifications, applicable codes & standards, development and test plans, and engineering quotations requests. Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers as required.
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and applicable standards.
- Adhering to on-time/on-budget criteria associated with project commitments and customer success.
What were looking for:
- Bachelor or Masters of engineering degree in Mechanical with specialization in piping system design and analysis techniques.
- Finite element analysis experience of piping systems or pipe support structures is required using one or more of the following software platforms: AutoPIPE, Caesar II, DST PEPS or ANSYS Workbench.
- Professional Engineer registered with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Knowledge in the application of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (Section III and VIII), ASME B31.1, B31.3, CSA N285.0, CSA B51.
- Experience with creation of nuclear piping system design specifications and design reports in accordance with ASME NCA-3250 and NB/NC/ND-3600 respectively.
- Experience with creation of nuclear piping overpressure protection reports in accordance with ASME NB/NC/ND-7000.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the practice of engineering and piping system design or analysis.
- Strong preference given to experience related to CANDU nuclear heavy water systems or safety systems: Primary Heat Transport, Moderator Auxiliary Systems, Fuelling Machine Auxiliaries, Purification, Leak Collection, Shutdown and Maintenance Cooling, ECI, etc.
- Consideration given to experience related conventional CANDU light water systems: LP Service Water, HP Service Water, etc.
- Knowledge of the regulatory and jurisdictional processes for pressure boundary items (TSSA, CNSC).
- Competence in mechanical equipment design and design processes.
- Creative problem-solving skills, outstanding analytical abilities, demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Flexibility to work remotely on short-term customer site assignment.
- Experience in project management, P6 schedule creation, or project estimating is considered an asset