Our Calgary based progressive energy client has an immediate need for an Advisor – Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis. This will be an eight month contract due to start immediately. This role will start with you working at home and transfer to their Calgary head office once deemed safe to do so.
• Analyze budgets and forecasts, prepare and support management’s analysis of critical issues and opportunities
• Identify and resolve process issues and identify and communicate emerging business trends and issues to management. The latter activity requires working closely with business units and other departments in the organization.
• Critical participant in coordinating and developing quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with business unit asset teams and other Enterprise FP&A teams.
• Applies financial and management accounting expertise to analyze business changes and reflects them in the budget and forecasting process.
• Performs detailed budget to forecast analysis, ensuring consistency between the FP&A and Financial reporting teams.
• Prepares summary reporting packages for senior management.
• Assists in maintaining Hyperion Strategic Finance system and updates the consolidation structure for changes in the business as they arise
• Demonstrates a high degree of competency in various analytical tools including Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Index, Match, VLOOKUP, Logical functions, etc.), PowerPoint, Power BI, Hyperion Planning and Essbase systems and recommend enhancements to the systems.
• Identifies process improvement opportunities within the FP&A group and proposes solutions.
• This position supports enterprise-wide budgets and forecasts
• In this capacity, this position will have access to significant information related to the client’s entities and will assist in critical analysis of budget results
• Business unit FP&A groups to assist in compiling and analyzing budget information
• Other Enterprise FP&A groups to ensure reliability of budget information and plan and implement system improvements
• Professional Accounting Designation.
• 3-5 years of post-designation experience.
• Prior experience in Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Power BI and/or Hyperion Strategic Finance or other financial planning tools an asset
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills complemented by excellent attention to detail.
• Works well within a multi-disciplinary team environment, with an ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships.
• Highly proficient in the use of Excel; prior experience with major ERP systems an asset.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.