Our Calgary based progressive energy client has an immediate need for a Senior Advisor, Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis. This will be an eight month contract due to start immediately. This role will start with you working at home and transfer to their Calgary head office once deemed safe to do so.
• Analyze budgets and forecasts, prepare and support management’s analysis of critical issues and opportunities
• Support special projects as they arise
• Critical participant in coordinating and developing quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with business unit asset teams, Treasury, Tax, Risk, Corp Strategy, and Financial Reporting, to ensure that financial projections are valid and incorporate their collective outlook
• Acts as a consolidation resource to prepare budgets and forecasts in line with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, with a focus on verifying the accuracy of Business Unit forecasts, Non-Controlling Interest, preparation of subsidiary budgets and preliminary review of working papers and journal entries
• Performs detailed budget to forecast analysis, ensuring consistency between the FP&A and Financial reporting teams
• Applies financial and management accounting expertise to assess business changes and reflects them in the budget and forecasting process
• Prepares summary reporting packages for senior management
• Demonstrate a high degree of competency in various analytical tools including Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Index, Match, VLOOKUP, Logical functions, etc.), PowerPoint, Power BI, Hyperion Planning and Essbase systems and recommend enhancements to the systems
• Identifies process inconsistencies and recommends improvements
• Leads and supports management in development of financial information and projections to meet the needs of other corporate groups and assists with other ad hoc requests as they arise
• Supports Business Partners in developing the effective reports and data points to assist analysis and decision making.
• Identifies opportunities to leverage system tools to automate tasks / processes
• This position supports enterprise-wide budgets and forecasts and is a key consolidation resource for several entities
• In this capacity, this position will have access to significant information related to the all of the client’s entities and will assist in critical analysis of budget results
• Business unit FP&A groups to assist in compiling and analyzing budget information
• Other Corporate & Enterprise FP&A groups to ensure reliability of budget information and plan and implement system improvements
• Designated accountant (CPA) with 7+ years of accounting experience
• Prior consolidations experience an asset
• Prior experience in Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Power BI and/or Hyperion Strategic Finance or other financial planning tools an asset
• Strong analytical skills to validate and challenge information provided by various sources
• Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP an asset
• Strong project management and team skills, including the ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent projects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.