We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Advisor, Licencing
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 18 months
Provide Regulatory Program Support with the following strategic regulatory initiatives:
- Safe storage, decommissioning, and nuclear fuel channel portfolio support (fleet wide), security, deep geological repository and waste disposal options.
- Provide advice to the Department Manager and Section Manager on various regulatory issues.
- Act as single point of contact for regulatory issues and drive items to resolution by negotiating with line organization and regulatory body.
- Provide mentorship to new staff.
- 5+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs is required.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards including their application to the design, construction, and operation of nuclear generating plants, waste management facilities and/ or nuclear substances and radiation devices.
- Regulatory knowledge of codes and standards to permit understanding of the relationships between technical requirements and regulatory requirements. Specifically related to engineering principles and the application of mechanical, metallurgical, electrical and electronic theory.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required in order to prepare clear and concise technical reports and to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Familiarity with different reactor designs and an understanding of the federal and provincial regulatory requirements, policies and processes pertaining to the design, construction, operation and refurbishment of nuclear generating stations is required.
- The ability to interpret regulatory standards and requirements to identify issues related to licencing in Canada ensuring effective implementation of regulatory requirements within OPG.
- Knowledge of the operating policies and principles of OPG, Nuclear and of the departmental interrelationships across the organization.