Our public sector client is seeking a Project Management Consultant with strong finance and contract reporting experience to support a high priority initiative in Ontario.
– Regularly involved in the ongoing refinement of the implementation strategy, high-level roadmap, project scope, business requirements and detailed planning for the program
– Design a financial management process based on a custom Excel-based model to track program actuals vs budgets
– Monitor project budgeting and required to provide project executives with regular financial and contract reports
– Immediately communicate to the Project Sponsor/Steering Committee when resources are insufficient for completion of the project on schedule, on budget, or according to specification
– Create a custom financial model for the project including cost recoveries from delivery partners, procurements, and operational costs
– Fully document the source of each cost estimate, listing any gaps in required cost estimates and resolving gaps to ensure requested funding is sufficient
– refine monthly processes to maximize alignment of PMO estimated actuals & annual forecast with Controllership’s actuals & annual forecast
– Develop and present slide decks for briefings with and various project senior stakeholders
– reporting on the financial aspects involved with performance metrics, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis (value-for-money), variance analysis, and ‘what if’ scenarios and projections – ensuring all assumptions and estimates are documented and supported
– Work with client partners to educate delivery partners financial management processes to speed up reconciliation of cost recoveries with budgets allocated
– Conduct knowledge transfer to the client on how to reuse the financial model in future corporate submissions
– Document processes & procedures for orientation sessions with new PMO staff;
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Project Management experience at the intermediate to senior-level
– Experience in financial analysis at the intermediate to senior-level in the public sector
– Knowledge of and experience with managing project finances and undertaking financial reporting
– Knowledge of, and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (‘GAAP’) established for the public sector to make or justify financial accounting decisions
– Experience with assembling statistical and financial data, categorizing, and incorporating results into complex models
– Experience in the design of financial management controls to ensure the integrity of financial information and the safeguarding of assets
– Experience in three or more of the following areas: development of business analytics for optimization of service delivery; business process re-engineering; business case development and cost/benefit analysis; feasibility studies
– Knowledge of and experience in financial planning including budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis in large scale organizations
– Knowledge of costing methods (e.g. activity-based costing) and applicability in an organization using a shared services model for internal financial services
– Knowledge of current/emerging concepts, technologies, financial process/data modeling and audit in service delivery
– Knowledge of documenting and designing of business processes; familiarity with financial control and reporting processes, including audit
– Experience working with cross functional teams with financial information to support operational/project-based decisions and the preparation of reports for senior management
– Current knowledge of latest developments and leading practices in the project management industry and profession and familiar with best practices in other industries, sectors or jurisdictions related to project management methodologies
– Formal recognized project management training/certification
– A Project Management Professional (PMP®) Designation is desireable
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.