Red Seal Millwright
- Burlington, Ontario
- $35/ hour with 0.80 shift premium and production bonus
- Continental Shift – 2 weeks days, 2 weeks night shift (7am-7pm and 7pm-7am)
- Permanent role
- RRSP matching and Full Medical benefits
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a leading supplier of steel magnetic transformer cores in North America who also provides services and manufactured products used in magnetic materials for motors, generators, and transformers.
As their new Red Seal Millwright, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are reliable & a quick learner, are detail oriented, have a Red Seal Journeyman Millwright background with hands on experience, and always enjoy improving your skills and learning more.
You will be…
- Completing work orders and general preventative maintenance on all machines.
- Identifying and troubleshooting machine irregularities and breakdowns.
- Assemble equipment and machinery using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Install and repair mechanical equipment and systems
- Observe all safety rules and maintain an orderly workplace. Work from blueprints, machine/ piping diagrams, shop orders, instructions, and ideas.
- Plan with supervision proposed mechanical work during planned shutdowns. Maintain inventory of mechanical supplies and equipment and requisitions same, as necessary
- Install, dismantle, examine, repair, recondition, rebuild/overhaul and re-install mechanical systems and equipment such as motors, gear boxes, drives, chains, pulleys, hydraulic components, air systems, filtration, aids and / or performs predictive maintenance. Gather information for replacement parts.
- Perform a testing routine on scheduled basis.
- Examine and repair all equipment when required for continuous plant operation.
- Make minor adjustments to and lubricate tools and equipment used.
- Report any abnormal conditions of materials, products or equipment to supervisor
- Perform routine maintenance work on all machinery
Why this is the right job for you…
- Have an Ontario Provincial licence as an Industrial Mechanical/Millwright (442A)
- You have a Red Seal Journeyman Millwright certification
- Operate a crane and forklift. Elevated work platform and confined space training licence preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attendance
- Ability to work as a team member and individually
- Mechanically inclined
- Demonstrates professional, positive behaviour.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.Fell@ianmartin.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.