We are seeking a Software Developer who will be responsible for designing and developing software tools to automate ultra mobility processor for an 8 months contract assignment in Austin, TX.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Modify shell scripts for running work loads to execute on the cluster
- Change parameters
- Combine runs with checks
- Produce and parse log files
- Add verification phase benchmarks that do not affect performance
- Data verification
- Results for cluster Work Load bencmarks like ibench
- Modify execution tools as needed to produce checks and results
- Develop wrapper scripts to automate content execution and result collection with TWS and/or Kubernetes framework
- Modify json script or yaml file as needed
- Collect automated results and publish to coverage/debug DB
- Create and modify queries to DB and export results in human readable format.
- Help on content containerization to run on pipeline
- Installation of tools and working on infrastructure updates on the Admin servers and updating official OS images on the cluster
- Update OS images (Linux based OS distros and Windows Server) with latest collateral and creating new images
- Updating infrastructure and debug tools( pythonsv, openipc, etc)
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- Looking for experienced engineers (4-5+ years) in data processing (logging, parsing, reporting), automation/scripting and management of workload deployments in Linux based environments.
- Knowing how to use profiling tools to collect validation coverage collateral and make meaningful comparisons is an added advantage
- Experience on Hadoop HDFS; Apache Spark; Benchmarking; Terrasort, FIO, JMeter.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.