Our Edmonton based client has an immediate need for a Full Stack Developer to join their team for a six month contract opportunity.
As part of the Business Applications Services Team, the Full stack developer will develop and maintain the front-end and back-end of multiple products. It is the responsibility of the Full stack developer to work closely with the cross functional DevOps team members to help increase the speed of delivery, improve quality of code, and optimize processes through feedback. As a full stack developer your high-level role includes the following related operations:
• Aid in designing the full application stack
• API based middleware development
• Deploying full application stack
• Monitoring of full application stack
• Operations support of the full application stack
• Assist with database development
• Assist with unit testing
• Work closely with Tech Leads and developers of various teams implement the Product Owner’s vision.
• Brings deep functional expertise to develop polished modular code in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage for the client as a whole.
• Has the ability to bring recommendations around architecture and platform decisions and make recommendations on critical decisions relating to code build.
• Identify and resolve bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes.
• Development experience across the Azure technology stack, in different languages and environments.
• Participate in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure.
• Responsible for creating appropriate documentation as defined by the agile development methodology.
• Candidate will work closely with business representatives and SME to identify issues and captures business requirements and translates those requirements into system design specifications.
• Candidate will contribute to the development of a culture that is customer-centric, collaborative, risk-embracing, and entrepreneurial.
• Role is part of a Development and Operations (DEV/OPS) delivery team.
• Business focus in Liquids Pipelines, Business Services department.
• Project(s) outcome is business process automation using large datasets.
• Business Partners
• Product Owners
• UX Designers
• DevOps Team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Full stack Development experience (5+ minimum) that includes front-end programing languages such as Vue (or similar such as React and Angular) and API and database development experience.
• Strong knowledge in back-end technologies: .NET Core and C# programming language.
• Experience in developing microservices architecture.
• Proficient in the utilization of Design Patterns for both client side and server-side applications; implementing highly scalable web-based architectures using modern cloud-based platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
• Experience in database technologies including SQL and operational data stores
• Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio or VS Code IDE.
• Strong understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies.
• Experience with CI/CD and related tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, etc.
• Experience with cloud-based technologies: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
• Candidate is an ambitious, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also an excellent teammate with a professional presence and a real passion for innovation.
• Ability to investigate and analyze new technologies for purpose of advising the team on alternative implementations
• Works effectively in cross discipline teams to create a sense of trust and rapport for an effective workplace.
• Exhibits critical thinking skills on proposed UI solutions to ensure they are sound and collaborates on alternatives as necessary
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
• Office environment and Remote environment
• Pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted