We are looking for a Counsel who can provide commercial/transactional real estate support, with minimal supervision, to our business partners and clients.
Our client is a leading multinational electricity and gas utility company headquartered in London, England. Its principal activities are in the United Kingdom and Northeastern United States
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
- Proficiency in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate, including contract preparation and negotiation, title analysis and survey review.
- Proficiency in drafting and negotiating commercial leases, licenses, easements, and similar agreements.
- Manage third-party property matters/issues/disputes involving commercial entities, governmental entities, railroads, and private individuals.
- Support cross-functional company projects and initiatives impacting National Grids property portfolio.
- Perform legal research and prepare high-quality legal memoranda.
- Admission to, and in good standing with, the NY and/or MA Bar, preferably both (though candidates who are admitted in either jurisdiction will absolutely be considered).
- 5-10 years of experience in the practice of commercial real estate law, either in a law firm, as in-house counsel or with a governmental entity.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and oversee real estate transnational matters from inception through closing, including but not limited to, drafting and negotiating land and facility purchases/sales, leases, easements, licenses, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with internal teams and external stakeholders in the public and private sector.
- Experience in the energy/utility/regulated sector a plus, but not required.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school.