Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Materials Coordinator who will be accountable for receiving, checking, maintaining and accounting for all material used in assigned construction projects.
What you will be doing…
- Maintain required record keeping system for materials, manufacturers equipment data, and general correspondence for assigned construction projects.
- Check all materials received from the Stores Department and vendors for correctness and condition of materials. Maintain the necessary records for these materials to be utilized for construction of pipeline and station projects.
- Deliver materials to the construction site and assist in the unloading of materials received from the vendors and Stores Department.
- Assure that all material received is stored in a safe and non-damaging manner and shelter is provided where necessary.
- Maintain schedules of anticipated material deliveries from Stores and Purchasing Departments and various vendors and keeps the Construction Office and other interested parties informed.
- Procure materials not originally ordered from Company warehouse and various suppliers.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for unused materials at the completion of projects.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for retired materials as specified in the Environmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collect required reporting information necessary to prepare Company completion reports which are inventories of property units installed or retired.
- Investigate discrepancies reported by the Controller’s Department on the difference report.
What you will need to succeed…
- Have an introductory knowledge of gas pipeline construction and be able to complete assigned work under limited supervision.
- Should possess a pick-up truck.
- Demonstrated ability to drag drawings
- Must have Materials Load Out experience and load out scheduling experience.
- Must be available 7 days a week.
- Logistics scheduling experience.
- Understanding of Heavy Haul.
- Understanding of gas pipelines and compressor stations.
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Project lifecycles.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Data analysis.
- Basic smart phone operations (email, internet, and text).
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.