We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Officer
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
- Prepare and coordinate all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Coordinate with the project management team, estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies and project oversight plans.
- In coordination with the projects teams, track and forecast project funds. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
- Conduct departmental annual business planning activities and track and forecast expenditures on an ongoing basis.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction and operations before and after contract award.
- Maintain close liaison with field construction forces and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing, and other related issues.
- Provide immediate and higher management with regular project or work package reports. Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule, and manage changes.
- Review cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required.
- Maintain communication with internal and external stakeholders, regulatory bodies and agencies, and cooperate in exchange of relevant information as required to meet the project objectives.
- Liaise with the project management team for any given project. Guide discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like, in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet project objectives.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep the department informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures.
- Assemble job information and plan work as necessary.
- Monitor and help manage the execution readiness for each window through meetings, issues resolution, metrics, dashboards, schedule reviews, challenge meetings, walkdowns, etc.
- Advise the Manager on the readiness and overall schedule risks/issues for each window.
- Ensure the window logic in the overall Unit schedule is correct, documented and communicated to required stakeholders.
- Create detailed logic diagrams to support each window and/or critical evolution.
- Ensure handoffs for window lead-in and lead-out are defined and understood by accountable parties.
- Ensure integration with other window managers where required.
- Chair all schedule readiness reviews, logic reviews and integrated requirements sessions for the window.
- Escalate all issues and risks for the window.
- University Degree in a related discipline required.
- Experience in Project Management and Fuel Channel Maintenance is preferred.