We are seeking a Product Engineering Technician who will be responsible to ensure testing is executed and functioning as required throughout the testing process for a 3 months contract (extensions available) assignment in Folsom, CA.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Pre-test preparation of material and setting up the test environment as per engineer requests.
- During test execution the technician will ensure testing is executed and functioning as required throughout the testing process.
- After testing is completed the technician is expected to perform data roll up and segregate passing/failing units as required.
- Responsible for assisting Maintenance support team on equipment maintenance, upgrades and repair of complex semiconductor testing/handling equipment such as HDMT, CMT testers, HDMX, Sixshot OLB handlers, ICDC tools, Auto Rob, etc.
- Work on continuous improvement project to improve machine availability/performance.
- Anticipate and diagnose equipment problems.
- Keep accurate records of equipment status.
- Maintain spare inventories and activities related to the success of the assigned area.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
- semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in electronics, equipment troubleshooting, installation, repair and operation of CPU testing/handling tools.
- Experience with the use of electrical and/or mechanical measuring devices such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, calipers/micrometers.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and system repair manuals.
- Ability to work on and repair mechanical / electrical equipment systems.
- Ability to lift 35lbs, climb ladders.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers, engineering and customers
- 6S, Lean skills
Applicants with an Associates degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.