We have a requirement for a Planner/Scheduler on behalf of one of the largest natural gas distributors in North America. This position will focus on providing Project Controls scheduling function on all assigned projects.
- Project Schedule Management: Provide schedule monitoring, reporting, and control services during the execution phase of projects.
- Program Portfolio Management: Provide project performance reporting and dashboarding on a monthly basis for the Pipeline Program portfolio
- Schedule forecasting: Input into the Long Range Forecast and Plan
- Interface with Project Manager, Team Functional Leads and third party contractors to clarify the scope of work, level of schedule detail and provide technical evaluation according to contractual requirements to effectively plan and manage project work
- Earned Value Management tracking of the project utilizing cost or resource loaded schedules
- Contribute to the development of high-level feasibility schedules to identify overall project timelines, major deliverables and project milestones
- Work with Project Team to develop an overall project schedule with detailed tasks, sequence, and durations based on team input, work breakdown structures and schedule templates of all near term work packages and summary level of future work packages
- Obtain Project Team buy-in and management approvals to establish an effective baseline project schedule
- Apply rolling wave technique as project work progresses to continuously update and detail near term activities
- Provide monthly schedule status updates including progress or work, schedule changes, critical path and variance analysis utilizing the Critical Path Method
- Assist the Project Team in the evaluation of strategies to address scope changes and mitigate schedule delays
- Accurate and timely reporting to team members and all levels of company management
- Track and perform analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare project status with variance analysis for Management and Project Management.
- Coordinate with Project Controls Department and other Company schedulers on schedule format, policies, processes, procedures and exchange of ideas for continuous improvement of project scheduling
- Continuously improve professional knowledge and training skills in to enhance individual and team productivity
- Schedule management for assigned Projects within the Pipeline Program with tracking of actual, forecast and schedule slippage of projects
- Forecast project impacts with detailed schedule variance analysis
- Schedule management with the assistance of project manager and project controls for schedule development and monitoring.
- Reports to Supervisor Pipeline Programs
- Works closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Portfolio Reporting team, Accounting Planners/Schedulers/ Construction Co-ordinators, and Supply Chain.