Our Calgary based client is looking for an Information Management Document Control Lead for a six month contract opportunity.
Information Management Document Control Lead (Maternity Leave backfill)
- Work with the existing team to produce, update, and rollout new/existing processes (leveraging Content Server and Document Control best practices)
- Coordinate Contractors to setup/facilitate the automated and manual turnover of high value documentation
- Work with the 3rd party administrators to check out technical documents, establish transmittals to track technical documents, provide quality control checks and check in revised drawings.
- Support Operational and project based users in retrieving documentation from the system, as well as assisting them with the use of the new system
- Provide subject matter expertise related to asset documentation
- Develop and Maintain relationships with Business Departments to raise awareness on Document Control and provide support to the departments as required
- Provide leadership and support to represent the existing Document Control Team
- Aid in the prioritization and testing of technical functionality
- Assist with the enrichment of document meta-data and content capture
- Assist with the migration of electronic documentation generated from Scanned paper as well as legacy electronic sources
- Assist and provide Document Control backup as required
- 10+ years experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Experience working for an Owner / Operator is required
- 5+ years experience as a power user of Document Management Technology (OpenText Content Server would be an asset)
- 5-10 years experience with Document Control processes, content, and technology
- Proficiency with Asset/Engineering Documentation is a must
- Candidate must be able to identify all elements/symbology included in DCN’s, PID;’s, DS’s, and MRB’s
- Leadership experience would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Business or IT field would be an asset
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.