Our Oil & Gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire an Engineering Design Technician(CAD) for a 12-month contract role.
What you will be doing…
- Accountable for design and drafting requirements using CAD software to create Pipeline & Station project drawings (mechanical, route selection maps, details, electrical, civil), composites, etc.) through the application of Enbridge principles & practices to create, edit and maintain safe, compliant, cost effective and efficient designs.
- Accountable for coordination and oversight of third-party design consultants with respect to pipeline and major station designs to ensure that the designs follow the intent of Enbridge standards and specifications.
- Accountable to research and assemble all pertinent and relevant information (design criteria, parameters, material requisitions, documents, Bill of Materials, etc.) to be used for engineering designs. The responsibility extends to the coordination and prioritization of tasks and work across multiple client groups, internal and external to Enbridge.
- Responsible to support corporate manuals (Station, Isometric, C&M, Portal, etc.) and programs by preparing, creating and editing technical drawings & details.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
- College diploma or university degree in a technical/engineering program, with a preference for the Mechanical, Architecture or Civil disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years advanced technical experience applying engineering principles to designs and drawings.
- Excellent technical design and drafting skills using CAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Solid written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team setting, with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have:
- OACETT – A.Sc.T., C.Tech. or C.E.T.
- Experience with Bentley Products (PlantSpace, OpenPlant, MicroStation, ProjectWise), and/or AutoCAD products (AutoPlant).
- 2 years work experience designing & drafting natural gas or related facilities.
- Solid understanding of industrial measuring devices (i.e., mechanical, pressure, temperature, flow, electrical, level).
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.