Our prestigious midstream client has an immediate need for a Senior Geotech Engineer to join their team for a 15 month field assignment in Northern BC.
• 15 month opportunity to start, may extend based on business needs
• 6 & 1, 10 hr days – 3 weeks on, 1 week off rotation
• 100% travel, camp based along CGL (east side across 100km, 4 spreads)
• Might need to be required to stamp/seal work- so if your candidates are set up for this = asset (Engineer registered with Alberta or BC)
• Must have project/ pipe experience, Geotech experience/background
• must have 10+ years’ experience
• must have some sort of field experience – office only experience will not fly.
• Locals to area would be nice but will consider candidates from AB and other parts of BC
• Experience working in Northern BC is a huge asset
The selected candidate would work on a 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule with the ability to travel back to Calgary during the week off.
Field locations could be in various areas of NE BC (extends from Fort St. John to Kitimat – this position focuses on the eastern portion of the Project). The individual will be provided lodging at the Workforce Accommodations sites for the various sections, and extensive travel may be required in between work sites.
• Design materials, structures, and systems while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.
• Identify geotechnical hazards/instabilities on Project, select mitigations, and develop site specific installation designs in collaboration with the Company Geotechnical Engineering Subject-Matter-Experts (SME) for hazards impacting the pipeline and/or long-term stability of the Right-of-Way (ROW).
• Produce engineering solutions, act as the Company representative on-site with the pipeline construction contractor.
• Interface with the Implementation Team, Pipeline Construction Contractor's geotechnical engineer, Engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Geotechnical Engineering Contractor.
• Provide engineering solutions that lead to effective monitoring, assessment and management of geotechnical hazards on pipeline assets, with consideration given for the safety and quality of the solution and life cycle costs for the program.
• This position is viewed as the Company geotechnical expert at site with high technical knowledge and experience. The role requires the ability to make decisions and recommendations on problems presented at site, while assessing the pros/cons of the options present to provide the best solution for the specific situation.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably Masters) in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering.
• P.Eng. designation and eligible for registration with EGBC
• Linear pipeline project experience, preferably with large diameter pipelines
• Min. of 10 to 15 years of field and office experience
• Knowledge in geotechnical investigations and drilling techniques in western Canada, geotechnical instrumentation / monitoring, and open cut/trenchless crossing techniques.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.