We are seeking a Tactical Buyer who will be involved in the transactional procurement process of PR-PO (Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order), may periodically be required to expedite and follow-up on purchase orders to ensure specific timing and quality requirements are met, including post award responsibility for supplier deliveries in Arlington, VA for a 6 months project
Our client is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Receiving procurement requests and verifying their conformity to operating methods
· Transforming procurement requests into procurement orders
· Managing procurement order cancellation
· Analysis of quotations and summarization for category buyers
· Follow-up and expediting of purchase orders, acknowledgment of receipt,
· Ensuring accuracy of the order, GL account, or project number, ship to location, supplier information on purchase order, and relevant notes/comments on the purchase order document…
· Managing disputes and problem solution
· Managing local negotiations.
· She/ he has a strong impact on the contribution of the services level by transforming the PR into PO in the dedicated time
· Maintain close relationship with other Buyer Analysts and Suppliers
· Sharing ideas or approaches to aid in operational efficiency and improvements.
MANAGE OPEN ORDER PROCESS
Place PO's in Sage Software- software not required
Fast moving environment
Seeking someone who is not afraid to pick up the phone and call to get answers
· 2-3 Year Purchase Order experience
· Analysis & control
· Commercial contract
· Supplier risk management contribution
· Purchasing tools (ERP)
· Good communication (Representing the Group)
· Team collaboration
· English (required)
· Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or marketing
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Tactical Buyer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.