Engineering Laboratory Technician
Who Are You?
You’re a skilled technician with a bachelor’s degree, and experience working in a laboratory. You enjoy working with others across functions, and solving problems in an ambiguous environment. You want a role that will challenge you, in a company that’s leading the world in innovation.
Who’s The Employer?
You know our client as the world’s leading silicon technology company. Their work has touched the lives of billions, and their 50+ years of success can be attributed to people like you – technically ingenious minds looking to shape the world of tomorrow in their work today. Whatever their people are working on, from autonomous driving, to drones, to 5G, they share a commitment to technical excellence.
Rework Engineering Technician
This position is a 6-month contract with a competitive wage.
You’ll work closely with the yield and defect engineers to characterize new assembly and substrate technologies. You’ll also figure out the root cause of any electrical or visual mechanical defects you come across.
Specifically, you will:
· Perform technical functions that support engineering activities (characterization of substrate, die and related assembly technologies)
· Conduct engineering tests for data collection and research
· Share what you find verbally and via reports to yield engineers and LYA analysts
· Conduct analysis with the following techniques
o Cross section: mechanical X-section, ion mill
o Microscopy: SEM/EDX, X-ray, FIB, AFM and CSAM
o FTIR, Raman, XPS
Why You’ll Love It Here
When you join, you’ll be surrounded with people of elite talent and skill, organized in one of many small, agile groups. This structure allows you to build strong working connections quickly. The result is an environment with very little fear of failure, and a high degree of collaboration. You’ll do your best work here.
This is a 6-month contract working out of our laboratory in Chandler, AZ. Wage will be between $25 and $26 per hour. You’ll work Sunday to Thursday, 12pm to 8pm.
Here’s what you’ll need:
· A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, materials science, physics, or a related field
· 3+ years’ experience working in a lab environment
· Experience with analysis techniques (X-section, delayering, SEM, EDX, X-ray and Optical Inspection, Ion Milling, FIB)
· Knowledge of basic statistical analysis tools such as JMP
· Strong communication skills to communicate with engineers and technicians
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!