We are looking for an experienced Java Web Developer who will assist in the building of new Java components to be used across various projects for our client’s external facing websites and applications.
- Utilization of Adobe AEM enterprise content management system for external website development
- Building and deploying responsive websites that are focused on ease-of-use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across multiple mobile devices and operating systems
- Management of source code repositories, builds, and deploys using Azure DevOps
- Working with open-source frameworks and libraries such as Spring, JPA, SASS, Knockout, JQuery, Axis, Google Charts and more
- Driving the adoption of standards and governance to ensure the platform remains stable, reliable, and secure for all users
- Active participation in a collaborative work environment
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by the testers of our external facing corporate websites
- Availability to work flexible hours in order to support our Java/Web application portfolio
- Frequent interaction with business owners/stakeholders to gather requirements for new development projects, assist in defect resolution during testing, etc.
- At least 3 years of related work experience in Java web development
- Extensive knowledge and experience with team programming (e.g. check-in, check-out, version control).
- Experience integrating Java web applications with an Oracle DBMS.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment; possess analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems, identify and implement process improvements, and think creatively.
- Must be skilled in both oral and written communications in order to contribute to meetings and capture requirements as well as write documentation, specifications, procedures and process flows.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, and possesses an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Proven team player, contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after hours support if needed.