- Burlington, ON
- $18 per hour
- Nights, 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
- Contract until December 2020 with the possibility of extension based on job performance
- Starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that designs innovative solutions for the diverse clients that use various card production equipment to make personalized debit/credit cards.
As their new Machine Operator, you will be working a full-time, contract position. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, active environment that requires keen attention to detail. You like working in collaboration with others to achieve and exceed daily and monthly targets. You have an interest in learning more and working on equipment.
You will be…
- Operate card production equipment and monitor the quality of output and machine performance
- Confirm work receipt and complete other required paperwork
- Adapting to changing priorities; making plans to achieve those goals and implementing them
- Adjust machines using company-supplied hand tools and minor maintenance; asking questions and getting clarifications as needed
- Work independently performing quality inspections on own work to meet production standards
- Identify potential production and quality problems, recommending remedial, corrective or contingency action
- Work with other operators, technicians, and supervisory staff to assist with problems and to keep an effective work environment
- Ensure that all pertinent information related to shift carry-over, including job and machine status, is conveyed to the incoming operators during shift transitions.
- Order supplies as needed and maintain an organized workstation
- Attend appropriate training and meetings as required
- Always adhere to company safety policies and procedures
Why this is the right job for you…
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for an extended period and lift up to 50 lbs
- Willingness to ask questions and give assistance as needed
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or production environment would be an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Like a neat and tidy workstation
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.