We are looking for an Electrical Engineer on behalf of our client in Bellevue, WA a leader in waste/water treatment and chemicals. The Electrical Engineer (EE) provides engineering needed to deliver custom water treatment systems to industrial and municipal customers. Working on a multi-disciplinary team, the EE ensures the accuracy of design, timeliness of submittals, adherence to budget, and compliance with our quality procedures.
Contract Duration: One year Contract.
- As EE, you have a broad responsibility to develop engineering deliverables and coordinate with a project team.
- Led by the Lead Engineer, you complete design documents in concert with Process, Mechanical and Instrumentation, and Controls engineers, as well as various project support functions (Document Control, Sourcing, Finance, etc).
- The EE works in a highly technical role; generating, checking, or approving Process & Instrument Diagrams, single line diagrams, I/O lists, loop (termination) diagrams, control logic diagrams, power distribution designs, control system architecture (PLC/DCS) and general design specifications.
- You have experience in control panel design; including, but not limited to, panel layout, termination drawings, and compiling a bill of materials.
- You support vendor selection and equipment procurement, managing vendor documents, and ensuring our suppliers are on track and performing.
- You have strong experience with racetray (conduit, channel, cable tray) routing and design.
- You build and maintain knowledge of local and national electrical codes and requirements.
- You also maintain the project schedule and document reporting for the Lead Engineer.
- Finally, you are a technical customer contact, participating in project status updates, design reviews, installation support and commissioning supervision
- The EE requires a strong engineering foundation and is skilled at working across teams, communicating complex ideas, and integrating systems.
- They are thoughtful, cooperative, and creative, able to handle multiple shifting demands with professionalism and good judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering field – Electrical or Controls preferred
- Professional Engineer’s License, or the ability to obtain one within 1 year, preferred but not required.
- Ten (10) years’ electrical engineering experience.
Experience in industrial processes and system engineering – the following preferred but not required:
- Experience in water treatment, oil & gas, chemical or power fields
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with hazardous location classification/technologies
- Experience with Motor Control Center (MCC) design
- Experience with low and medium voltage power distribution system design
- Impeccable planning, organization and time management
- Strict attention to detail
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Team player, with the ability to exercise good judgment under changing conditions
- French, Spanish or Chinese language skills may be useful
- The role requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-25% of the time.