We are seeking a Validation Engineer who will be responsible for product validation with a focus on product functionality and characterization on a contract assignment in San Jose, CA.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Understanding product documentation including datasheet and register description
· Scripting and implementation of automation for data collection and report generation with lab equipment
· Collection and analysis of statistics to provide recommendations of the correct TX/ RX settings for given data rates.
· Generating validation and investigation report
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Hands on experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, BERTs and analyzers
· Strong characterization experience in SERDES implementations
· Knowledge in FPGAs, SERDES and networking applications
· Expertise in programming and data analysis with Python and Matlab
· Protocols Data-rate Char requirements:
1. PCIe Gen1/2/3/4/5 2.5/5/8/16/32G Electrical Validation and Compliance
2. Ethernet 25.78125/10.3125G/1.25G
3. OIF-CEI3.0 28G
4. JESD 9.8304G/4.9152G
Applicants with a Bachelors Degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.