Job Title : Operation Manager
· Input into annual business plan
· Monthly reporting
· Regional contract reviews
· Business development visits
· Safety monitoring
· Managing the Operations Team
· Forward planning or resources
· Complying with all company procedures and systems
1 Key Accountabilities
1.1 Ensure all operations under his control are carried out in accordance with the relevant safety standards and legislation to minimise or eliminate accident and injury.
1.2 Maintain effective working and social relationships with senior representatives of key customers and to establish new business opportunities and clients wherever possible.
1.3 Manage in-country service operations to cost, time, safety, and quality criteria.
1.4 To ensure that all the strategic plans and objectives of the company and the business unit are fully communicated to all employees under direct line management.
1.5 Support the Regional team to close any Reference Product Model gaps to enable competitive and assured delivery in the territory.
1.6 Support the Regional team with the identification of new service / product areas that have high potential to aid long term business growth.
1.7 Ensure that sufficiently experienced, trained and competent resources are available to achieve the business financial targets – i.e. for bidding of key business plan target projects as well as execution.
1.8 Ensure that all employees under direct line management are given appropriate training to enable them to perform competently and develop their skills for the future.
1.9 To ensure that all annual or project based appraisals are carried out.
1.10 To manage and motivate all employees under direct line management to ensure that they perform to their potential or that the business performance is not adversely effected by any under performance.
1.11 Comply with all company management systems, work processes, procedures and reporting requirements.
1.12 To ensure all technical issues are handled by a suitably qualified and competent authority.
1.13 To manage and maintain effective interpersonal relationships both within the team and within the business area to predict and avoid damaging conflict.
1.14 Be committed to be available to handle operational services business at any reasonable time and to demonstrate a level of personal flexibility.
- An understanding of company and client safety management systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- A knowledge and understanding of managing accounting principles, budgets, margins, costs, cash flow and reporting accountabilities.
- A knowledge and understanding of the applicable national and local markets, key accounts, competitors, and predicted trends.
- An ability to develop successful and long term partnering arrangements and repeat business.
- Ability to manage the execution of operations to cost, time, safety and quality considerations.
- Leadership ability to recruit, develop, train, motivate and performance manage direct employees.
- The ability to forecast, plan, and obtain appropriately quality and experienced resources to execute the operational services.
- An understanding of relevant company management systems, e.g. IT, quality, Human Resources, Commercial conditions etc.
- Presentation, written and oral communication, interviewing and time management skills.
- A knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements of operational services and the judgement to call on appropriate resources when required.
- Political skills to understand and resolve conflicts both within the organisation and the market generally.
- The personal resilience and flexibility to manage an often stressful and unstructured management challenges.
Qualifications & Experience
· HNC or equivalent in a relevant technical subject
· Relevant Degree qualification
· ECITB Project Management Course
· IOSH qualification
- Extensive and appropriate experience in the Qatar oil & gas after-market service business. Specifically large scale term maintenance, construction and EPC projects.