We are looking for a Fabrication Team Technician on behalf of our client in Norfolk, VA a leader in waste/water treatment and chemicals.
Responsible for assisting in the fabrication of various components and/or whole parts to support the production and manufacturing of specialized water treatment equipment and associated systems. This position requires forklift operation, scissor lifts, drill presses, belt sanders, band saws, bench grinders, and ironworkers. Assists in fabricating and manufacturing various components of specialized equipment used in industrial water treatment applications
- Proper and safe use of drill presses, belt sanders, band saws, bench grinders, ironworkers, and other specialized equipment to fabricate parts and water treatment systems.
- Pipe-fit various materials such as PVC, CPVC, fiberglass, and stainless steel.
- Practice good safety procedures to keep self and others injury-free.
- Follow good housekeeping practices by keeping fabrication and tool storage areas neat and clean as well as timely cleanup of the work area after each job is completed.
- Perform confined space entry in small tanks with 14×18″ manways.
- Travel for field repair and install it if needed.
- Maintain records and reports as required.
- Ability and willingness to perform physical duties such as lifting, climbing, and manual dexterity.
- Ability and willingness to work in a range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Ability and willingness to work in confined spaces.
- Ability and willingness to obtain forklift certification within 90 days of employment.
- Possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Knowledge of basic quality control concepts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer focus