We are looking for a Service Tech/Dispatch on behalf of our client in San Diego, CA a leader in waste/water treatment and chemicals.
Individual to perform tasks in the office as they relate to Dispatch (50% of work duties) and Service Technician (50% of work duties).
Contract Duration: 6 Months Contract
- Assisting the Service Technicians with obtaining the route information
- Obtaining and filing the paperwork from the Service Technicians
- Running reports and data entry (MS Excel)
Service Technical Roles/Responsibilities:
- Delivery and set-up of ION water bottles at customer locations
- Driving company vehicle (standard truck modified for deliveries) within a 100-mile radius of work location.
- Will use hand cart to load and unload/deliver bottles
- Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical repair and installation
- Must have a clean DMV record
- Must be able to lift to 75lbs unassisted, and up to 200lbs with assistance
- The ability to use a hand truck and pallet jacks to move heavier loads
- Must have basic mechanics tools, i.e. channel locks, screwdrivers, etc…
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-year work experience demonstrated Customer Service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Proficient keyboarding skills.
- 2-year degree
- College coursework Chemistry eight hours preferred.
- 1-year work experience in Dispatch for a Service Industry desirable.
- 1-year work experience with multi-line telephone and two-way radio communications desirable.
- Working DOT knowledge.
- Experience with Water Treatment Industry in Logistics or Services.
- Plumbing Experience
- Electrical Experience
- Mechanical Experience
Desired Work Traits:
- Clear Thinker-ability to identify and prioritize action items quickly and efficiently.
- External Focus-Considers impact of actions and decisions on customers, industry, and public viewpoint. Measures performance through customer perception.
- Continuous Learner-strives to increase knowledge, skill, and experience in function and industry.
- Excellent demonstrated professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to apply to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Dependable, accountable and diligent