We are looking for a Gas Scheduler on behalf of one of North America’s leading natural gas distributors. This critical role is responsible for day to day customer operational support in the areas of nominations, confirmations, and allocations for their gas transmission pipelines, storage and offshore facilities
The position requires working a shift schedule consisting of 7 12-hour day shifts followed by 7 days off.
- Assists customers as they utilize contracted services from each of the pipeline, storage and offshore facilities. Includes responding to customer inquiries related to:
- Nominations, scheduling, confirmations, allocations, curtailment, critical and noncritical notices, OBAs, imbalances, capacity release, and storage injections and withdrawals.
- Tariff interpretation
- EBB access
- Analyzes, prioritizes and addresses transportation and related customer problems/ issues with other members of Volume Management as well as Marketing, Capacity Services, Scheduling and other interfacing departments, as appropriate. Has ultimate responsibility to ensure that customer receives timely resolution of all discrepancies involving pipeline services.
- Coordinates activities with Gas Control/ Marketing/ Business Development/ Engineering/ Capacity Planning/ Scheduling/ Capacity Services with respect to customer contract usage, operational issues, outages and maintenance and communicates related information to customers.
- Works with customers on developing and implementing both transportation and storage utilization strategies.
- Learns to develop an understanding of the supported flowing gas processes (such as nominations, confirmations, allocations, curtailment, critical and noncritical notices, OBAs, imbalances, and storage injections and withdrawals) with the goal of becoming a “resident” subject matter expert.
- Informs management of all current and potential customer concerns, issues, and possible opportunities. Presents to management the associated potential risks and benefits.
- As pipeline conditions dictate, candidate must be flexible and willing to accommodate unanticipated changes in the work schedule.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in business, accounting, or engineering and/or equivalent experience
- A team player with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately using oral and written communications with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to reach a logical conclusion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Experience with Gas Control, Scheduling, Capacity Services, Regulatory, Marketing or other areas with applicable experience.
- Basic understanding of pipeline and storage commercial operations and value drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate, organize and prioritize a significant volume of information in a timely manner and determine the proper course of action, including the evaluation of information
- Effective negotiation skills for interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments and external parties to achieve goals.
- Proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office Products.