We are looking for a Financial Analyst on behalf of one of North America’s leading natural gas distributors.
Working from their Nashville office, they will be responsible for financial / budget coordination and input, forecasting, reporting, analysis and cost control functions. They will use their knowledge of financial and accounting principles, processes and reporting requirements to support management decision-making. They will also ensure that key financial reporting deadlines are met, financial reports are accurate and complete and financial/accounting issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and prepare cash flow/ budget/forecast and report variance and exceptions to management.
- Provide regular variance/ forecasting changes to financial services and resolve any coding or other classification issues.
- Coordinate and prepare budget proposals, forecasting and variance reporting to financial services.
- Prepare regular capital budget status reports.
- Identify cost saving initiatives to assist in meeting regional budget targets and requirements.
- Provide assistance and interfacing between the clients’ corporate financial services group and area management. Assistance includes all procedural, coding, training and budget questions related to the position.
- Provide financial process support for field personnel, Regional Administrative/Technical staff and Leadership team.
- Provide financial/accounting project management for Regional leadership, corporate financial services and area management.
- Provide guidance on financial/accounting procedures and policies.
- Review and verify the work of others (journal entries, account reconciliations, invoices and financial reports.
- Research business issues, complex problems. Provide recommendations for review and implement as required.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with numerous groups and individuals.
- 4+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience creating budgets and providing regular forecasts against budgets
- Experience with Oracle and/or SAP, Excel
- Experience working with projects and project teams
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent